SW Locums are looking for a qualified social worker with A recognised professional Social Work, qualification recognised by HCPC, and registered with the HCPC & holding a current, valid Enhanced DBS.
All candidates must be able to travel to Medway on a daily basis. A minimum of 1 year Post Qualification experience with a willingness to work towards Practice Education or Best Interest Assessor or Approved Mental Health Professional Qualification.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To contribute to the delivery of highly effective children and adult services (within Adult Social Care) in an efficient manner. The service is delivered using a strengths based, personalised approach.
To work closely with colleagues within the Council and partners ensuring that person centred outcomes are met in ways which utilises available resources as effectively as possible.
To work within organisational policy and legislative requirements including The Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Mental health Act.
All staff working in the department have a responsibility for promoting and supporting the Council’s policies and procedures for safeguarding. You should ensure that you carry out your duties and work at all times in a way that ensures the safeguarding and welfare of service users.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and procedures relating to Adult Social Care
- Knowledge and experience in the application of National Policies and development relating to Adult’s Social Care policy areas and the impact on people and their families
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant theoretical frameworks, practice models, research findings and the application of psychological and human development theories
- Take responsibility for managing a case load and developing skills to manage complex work.
- Working towards developing skills to supervise other staff and students.
- Awareness and experience of adult safeguarding.
• Demonstrable experience of strong ICT skills and recording of accurate information