SW Locums are looking for a UK experienced HCPC (or Social Work England) Social Worker to o safeguard vulnerable children and support them to achieve their full potential, living within their family if safe to do so.
This is a full time role. Three month initial contract, with option to extend for rolling, indefinite contract.
To provide a high quality and effective professional casework service, taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the social worker’s experience.
• Qualified Social Worker.
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Working towards PEPS Stage 1 or willingness to undertake
• Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
• Demonstrable post qualification experience of working with children and families (2/3 years)
• Demonstrable experience of undertaking direct work with children and young people, and being able to evidence understanding of the child’s lived experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge required to recognise and evaluate risk to children and assess measures to reduce that risk
• Demonstrable knowledge of legislation and statutory guidance relevant to working in children’s services
• Demonstrable knowledge of key child care and child protection national policy development and research