SW Locums are searching for a qualified social worker with 4 years + UK experience within Safeguarding teams.
- Social Work England Registration
Enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months
Proven experience in the application of ‘Signs of Safety’
Demonstrable experience in relationship and strengths-based practice, working collaboratively with children, young people and their families
Demonstrable experience of undertaking direct work with children and young people and being able to evidence understanding of the child’s lived experience.
Proven experience in child protection and court work.
Proven experience in one or more areas of practice i.e. contextual safeguarding, domestic violence, and have a broader knowledge of local and national resource networks
Proven experience in providing expert advice and support to less experienced staff on aspects of casework and where appropriate act as a Practice Assessor for students on placement.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To manage complex caseloads and deliver high quality casework to children and families that comply with legislation, guidance and local policies and procedures, and achieve positive outcomes.
- must be capable of offering expert opinion and support to colleagues on aspects of casework.
- able to maintain an emphasis on good practice and drive forward continuing improvement.
- Be a positive example and accountable for the practice of student social workers on placement, providing expert guidance, assessing practice in accordance with University guidance, and actively participating in the Student’s Unit.
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.