SW Locums require two social workers with Excellent UK Mental Health experience to work in roles within the Older Peoples Team and the Recovery and Support Team in Merton.
Applicants must hold right to work in the UK and be registered with Social Work England.
To work as part of a fully integrated multi-disciplinary team delivering services to people referred to the Older peoples Mental Health Team. To liaise with staff who are Care Coordinators for service-users under the Care Programme Approach. To offer other staff advice and guidance for statutory MHA work and the social care agenda to the service.
The Recovery role is within the Trusts recently integrated Drug and Alcohol Recovery Team provides assessments, treatment and reviews to service-users who have substance misuse issues, and their carers, friends and family.
To undertake holistic assessments of need and formulate care plans through multidisciplinary CPA planning process. To ensure that appropriate care and resources are made available to service – users with substance misuse needs, and to regularly review the care plan, and adjust services where appropriate.
To implement Community Care Legislation Fair Access to Care Services criteria, the Mental Capacity Act, and Mental Health Act to meet service – users needs.
Other Duties include:
- To work with service-users who have complex social care needs, and lead on Safeguarding Children, Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults, and conducting Carers assessments within the team.
- To participate in the Duty AMHP Service, as AMHP Support or if qualified, as an AMHP.
- To build a good working relationship with providers of services and be involved in regular reviews of placements that are funded by LBM
- Social workers will complete social circumstances reports, and Mental Health Review Tribunal reports on service users who have as yet no allocated care coordinator.
- Social workers will be allocated assessments under the Care Act 2014, and for people who do not meet CPA criteria.
- All social workers are expected to maintain their continuing professional development, and keep their registration with the Health and Care Professionals Council up to date.
- All AMHPs are responsible for keeping their AMHP practice and Refresher training up to-date and provide written reports for all assessments.
- To build and develop good working relationships with third sector services that operate in LB.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.