SW Locums seek highly skilled professional social workers to work in children’s services in Milton Keynes Family Support team.
SW Locums will support and guide you through the registration process for this vacancy. We have many exclusive vacancies with this client and many others.
New opportunities are coming in daily, so please update us on your availability as soon as you can.
Purpose of Role
Using professional knowledge and experience, to carry out the duties of a
professional Social Worker within Specialist Services, assessing the needs of
children, young people and their families, analysing information and with the
needs of the child as central, developing and implementing care plan and
effective intervention that will ensure the child’s safety, well being and
development into adulthood, in line with policy and legislation and
professional codes of practice.
- Ability to analyse, summarise and write/ record relevant information to a high level
- Able to communicate sensitively with children and families and with other colleagues, and effectively in writing
- Ability to use IT systems effectively to record
- Extensive skills and knowledge in listening to children and adults, in observation and in carrying out assessments of strengths and weaknesses within families.
- Able to collect, analyse and make judgements about complex information
- Able to develop, implement and monitor robust care plans
- Able to be child and family centred and treat all with respect and with empathy
Ability to question, challenge, solve problems and complete tasks
- Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in social work or equivalent)
Registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC
- Knowledge of main issues in relation to own client group
- Awareness of the legislative framework within which the role operates
- Proven ability to relate professionally with children and families evidenced through previous work as a Social Worker
- Able to undertake a range of complex childcare assessments and formulate care plans
- Ability to understand, assess and manage significant risk
The social worker will carry out the Council’s duties in respect to 1989
Children Act and subsequent legislation, using their professional skills to carry
out child centred assessments, in line with the assessment framework and
looked after children regulations, and develop, implement, monitor and review
effective care plans and interventions to improve the safety, well being and
development of the child.
This occurs within a framework of line management and professional
supervision. This is a high risk area of work, where assessment, analysis and
judgement, the skills of building trust and credibility and of listening to children
are all critical to ensuring good outcomes. The social worker will work in an
authoritative and systemic way with the whole family and key services to
improve care and outcomes for the child.