SW Locums require a Qualified Social Worker with recent UK experience working with children and families, experience with court work and proceedings, driving licence and access to car.
All Applicants must hold Social Work England registration and be able to produce 5 years working references from previous posts in the UK.
The post sits within the Looked After Children’s Team.
- To provide an efficient and effective service to children, young people and their families,
ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally
- To investigate, evaluate and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of
assessment, reliability of information, evidences conclusions and realistic action plans.
Ensure adequate recording that evidences practice
- To develop practice, which takes a holistic view of the individual locating them in both
their immediate and extended social circles, and having full regard to their overall
- To be familiar with Equal Opportunities good practice and the Council Policy and Plan
and to implement this in all aspects of working practice and promote it in the team,
workplace and wider organisation.
- To ensure that all case management complies with the statutory requirements and the
Council’s policies and procedures.
- To prepare and submit written reports as and when required, including statements and
care plans for care proceedings in the Family Proceedings, County and High Courts.
- To ensure the Assistant /Team Manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from
workload and seek advice as and when necessary.
- Where appropriate to act as the duty worker for the team, responding to queries and
- To use ICT to maintain accurate case records, and to be able to report on key
performance management data.
- To proactively liaise with and work in partnership other agencies and organisations,
parents and carers. To promote the involvement of young service users and families in
- To attend conferences, reviews and court as required for each case presenting the
Council plans and opinions with professionalism and integrity.
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable
care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
Scope (impact on/control of resources, people, money etc)
- As well as working closely with colleagues in partner agencies the post holder will be
expected to work closely with the courts, voluntary and other agencies.
- In some cases the post will be based in an integrated multi-professional team and the
post holder will need to demonstrate an understanding of & commitment to working
across traditional professional boundaries
- To contribute to the achievement of good quality services for the prevention of social
work services, taking into account national standards and guidelines and evidence of
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme