SW Locums are looking for up to 3x Housing Choices Officers whilst service restructure is finalised.
Pay rate up to £25 per hour – 3month contract with possible extension.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of undertaking assessments under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) and preventing homelessness in accordance with the provisions of the Homelessness Reduction Act.
• Experience of preventing homelessness in accordance with the provisions of the Homelessness Reduction Act, associated Code of Guidance, case law and best practice.
• Experience of assessing people’s housing need, reflecting their specific circumstances, creating tailored Personal Housing Plans to either prevent or relieve homelessness and with a full understanding of the vulnerabilities and complexities presented by individuals
• Experience of managing a complex and demanding case load in a busy and often challenging environment, ensuring all options are thoroughly explored.
• Experience of undertaking the assessment and investigation of homeless applications under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) where prevention/relief is not possible, and inform clients of their assessment outcome.
• Experience of maintaining high levels of good customer care and empathy throughout. We may not always be able to give people what they want, but we should always be honest and treat them with respect, in consideration of their situation.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
Rest assured, we will look after you.