SW Locums are looking for Locum Educational Psychologists (throughout the UK) to assist with our statutory assessments.
Working hours/ days of the week: Flexible Pay rate: Per assessment charge – 2 days to complete an assessment and that charges are £1000 per assessment
This post is rated outside IR35 – so you can use your own Ltd company
Location: Flexible – Home-working or face to face, and the base for this post is Northallerton.
The core focus of this job is to:
To ensure the provision of a high quality of educational psychology service for children, families, schools and other establishments concerned with children within a given area of the County. To develop particular knowledge, skills and experience in the field of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The post holder will do this by:
meeting regularly with the Area Senior Educational Psychologist (SEND) and those who have protected time to do specialist work in the area of SEND
representing the Service and Access & Inclusion in contributing to the LA’s planning in respect of SEND provision and the effective use of LA resources
assisting the Local Authority in its development, co-ordination and planning functions in relation to national strategies with particular regard to children and young people with SEND issues
This is an important part of the Educational Psychology and Early Years Service, working directly to the Area Senior Educational Psychologist to develop the knowledge, skills and experience within the service in the field of Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- To have a commitment to shared values and the common purpose of developing a culture of interagency working; including statutory bodies, third and private sector organisations.
- To ensure that strategic visions are translated into local plans in collaboration with professionals, partners and service users.
- This post requires an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people that you are responsible for and come into contact with.
- Recognise and take considered action in such situations.
- Use trust and understanding to make considered judgements.
- Involve children and young people when taking action on their behalf.
- Communicate, record and report appropriately using Common Assessment Framework (CAF), Integrated Children’s Systems (ICS), Impulse, electronic document record management systems (eDRMS Wisdom) or other agreed systems.
- Using psychological techniques and procedures, to provide a range of casework activities including consultation, problem identification and assessment, together with the provision of advice and a variety of intervention strategies.
- To assist the Local Authority in its development, coordination and assessment functions in relation to the National Curriculum, with particular regard to children who have SEND needs
To enquire about the progress of LAC and attend the annual reviews for LAC with SEND,
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
- Rest assured, we will look after you.
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.