SW Locums need the services of an Occupational Therapist to work in Luton. You will be required to complete professional assessments of need and risk for service users and carers with highly complex needs using Luton Borough Council eligibility criteria.
*** Excellent inflated pay rates offered ***
- Undertaking statutory duties under the NHS and Community Care Act 1990, Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act other legislation and guidance relating to service users and carers.
- Overseeing a duty role as necessary and prioritising level of intervention (including allocating initial assessments to be undertaken by social care staff).
- Undertaking manual handling risk assessments and advising on and providing equipment to facilitate manual handling and contribute to customer autonomy.
- Working with other professionals and partners to achieve effective joint working through initiatives that require a multi-agency approach, including those involving member interests, Environmental Health or Housing (including producing information and data for reports and statistics), participating in and organising and chairing multi agency meetings;
- Keeping up to date to with legislative changes and best practice in occupational therapy and providing advice to colleagues.
- Keeping appropriate case records, statistics and information utilising Council computer case recording systems, and other IT systems where required.
Essential skills needed:
- Substantial post qualifying experience in social/health care field.
- Significant Occupational Therapy experience.
- Significant experience of collaborative, partnership and inter-agency working.
- Experience of the customer interface environment and demonstrable commitment to customer satisfaction including knowledge of the different adult client groups.
- Experience of advocacy and user involvement issues including promoting the involvement of people in developing their own care/support plans.
- Experience of coaching/ mentoring.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of social care legislation and regulation and how to interpret this in a modern context including:
- Eligibility criteria.
- OT best practice guidance.
- Safeguarding & MCA DoLS.
- Multi-disciplinary complex case work.
- CQC Care Standards.
- Ability to support staff working with complex family dynamics.
SW Locums will provide YOU with:
- Attractive, accurate and fast rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Well informed, accurate and conscientious assistance.
- We are available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.