SW Locums are looking for a capable and confident Occupational Therapist for our vacancy in Ipswich. Applicants will need to have excellent knowledge, skills and experience with assessing for and making recommendations for major adaptations and complex equipment, Including preparing sketches, reading plans and providing detailed specifications for major works.
Must be capable to make specific recommendations by completing written applications.
- To manage a complex caseload, prioritising work, allocating cases and time management.
- To carry out background research on referrals.
- To carry out asset based face to face assessments with customers and carers to address functional needs, and where appropriate care issues.
- Manual Handling essential.
- Experience with working in a multi professional team and undertaking complex OT, holistic person-centred assessments, support planning and reviews of people with a range of health conditions and their carers.
- Understanding of the legal social care framework and housing legislation.
- Experienced with managing, planning, prioritising and progressing complex cases.
- Experience and knowledge of assessing for and recommending simple and complex equipment, reviewing their effectiveness and teaching safe use of equipment to comply with relevant legislation, policy and guidelines on safe working practice.
- Essential experience required: Excellent knowledge of specialist equipment, major adaptations and manual handling.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise and plan own work load. Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Professional occupational therapy qualification as recognised by the HCPC
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.