SW Locums are looking for a UK experienced Occupational Therapist for a vacancy that has arisen in Dunstable. In the role you will be responsible for assessment and social care interventions to ensure positive outcomes for people in compliance with health and social care legislation.
You should be able to utilise your years of working in the sector to be comfortable talking with people to find out what matters most to them, their strengths and what they want to achieve and build these into their personalised care and support plans.
• People with care and support needs, carers and significant others.
• Staff from other agencies, including NHS, Police, Education, Housing, VCS and others as appropriate.
• Third party care & support contractors.
- You have a Social Work/OT/Nursing qualification and HCPC/SWE/NMC* registration.
- You will demonstrate and uphold best practice standards and codes of ethics.
- You will be expected to receive and co-ordinate referrals, undertake the resulting assessments which will predominantly focus on equipment/adaptations and may also include carers assessments, so that plans made are timely and evidence-based.
- You will plan, implement, review & evaluate interventions to ensure positive outcomes for people, using up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice.
- You provide a person centered response to safeguarding in accordance with legislation for children, young people and adults, responding to crisis situations ensuring immediate protection, reducing risk and promoting wellbeing.
- On occasion, coach and mentor Social Care Assessors and Rehabilitation Workers who are undertaking assessments, support planning and review tasks
- Influence the direction of future services by promoting independence, enablement and rehabilitative models.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.