SW Locums are looking for a First Response Occupational Therapist to work in Haringey.
To provide First Response occupational therapy, including assessment and service provision, to disabled people within the community.
- Ability to pass information accurately and concisely between service users, carers, colleagues and other agencies
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Ability to carry out functional assessments of children, adults and disabled people
- Ability to assess and prescribe appropriate moving and handling equipment
- Ability to carry out safe functional assessments
- Ability to assess risk and take appropriate action to minimise it
- Ability to use a strengths-based approach to empower people to regain their independence
- Knowledge of the needs of older and disabled people
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of impairments
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapy – BSc in Occupational Therapy
- Initial assessment of service users with a presenting need following self – referral or referral from external agencies
- Assessment and provision of equipment to improve independence with activities of daily living
- Assessment for simple major adaptations (including completing specs) to home environment to enable independence and reduce risk of injury
- Manual handling assessment to reduce risk of injury to service users and carers and where feasible reduce packages of care for single handed care
- Assessment for long term packages of care if required and present at weekly Panel
- Identify Safeguarding concerns, risk assess and refer where appropriate to services to manage risk of harm to service users and promote wellbeing
- Assess capacity and ability to make informed decisions relating to assessment process as per Care and Mental Capacity Act
- Complete carers assessment to support informal carers in their role and manage risk of carer breakdown
- Identify service users appropriate for Continuing Health Care to manage complex health needs
- Working together with service users, significant others and carers to promote independence and wellbeing
- Liaison with social care, health and partner services to provide client centred care
- To provide service user’s with relevant advice and information as per the Care Act
Benefits of working with SW Locums:
- Be treated as a person rather than just a number.
- With over 50 years combined experience, you will receive considerable support.
- You will have your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable Specialist consultant, who you will get to know well.
- We recommend of FCSA Approved Umbrellas.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation voucher scheme, offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
- Access to Shopping voucher scheme with all major high street stores*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply.