SW Locums are searching for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join the Multi-disciplinary Adult Social Care Locality team in Tower Hamlets.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist who is competent in completing virtual and face to face assessments of vulnerable residents to enable them to remain living as independently as possible at home.
Successful candidates should have experience in the assessment and provision of a range of equipment and specialist seating as well as experience in the assessment and prescription of minor and major adaptations. Practical experience of complex manual handling including single handed care techniques is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant national policies and legislation regarding adult social care.
- Knowledge of health, LBTH, directorate, and corporate procedures and practice relating to Adults Social Care.
- Understanding of performance frameworks and their application within a health or social care setting.
- Knowledge of recent research and evidence-based Occupational Therapy assessment, interventions and outcome measures.
- Working knowledge of the London Multi Agency Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Understanding of the principles of adult social care funding, including personal budgets, CHC, and direct payments.
- Knowledge and skills in strength based assessment, support-planning, review and information-giving activities.
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy as recognised by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and current registration to practice as an OT with the Health and Care Professions Council (UK).
- Experience of working with people with disabilities that impact on their physical, psychological, cognitive or psychosocial functioning.
- Experience of a range of specialist therapy interventions to assist with the achievement of person–centred outcomes including rehabilitation approaches, the use of assistive technologies equipment and adapations to meet people’s needs.
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring the full and active participation of users and carers in their own support arrangements and solutions.
- Ability to work in conjunction with other health and social care agencies and professionals.
- Demonstrable experience of using community resources, family and natural networks of support to create sustainable solutions for individuals and help prevent, reduce or delay the need for statutory services.
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- We endorse working with FCSA Approved Umbrella companies.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.