SW Locums are looking to engage the services of a UK experienced Occupational Therapist for this long term temporary role in Westminster. The role falls within the Care Management Team.
All applicants must have:
- UK Experience of working with Adults with Disabilities within the community ideally within their own homes.
- Degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy. (The post holder must be HCPC registered and ideally have experience working in a community setting)
- Experience of working within a Multi-Disciplinary setting.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS.
- Experience of completing Complex Movement and Handling Assessments and Care Plans , exploring equipment options, if assessed as necessary, that enables people to be safe and feel empowered to be more independent. As well as exploring safe options that reduces the need for double handed care.
- Practical experience of completing Complex Movement and Handing Assessments and Support plans.
- Working knowledge of Care Act 2014.
- Understanding of Major Adaptations.
- To deliver the best service for our residents, this role is office based, working along side the Team Manager.
- Visits to residents homes will be required. To ensure collaboration with our partner agencies the working pattern is 9am to 5pm with some flexibility as to start and finish time in agreement with the Team Manager.
- The role involves provision of information, advice, assistance and advocacy to support service users who wish to repair, adapt or improve their home.
- To identify their needs though review of referral information and to discuss the options for addressing these through the Home Improvement Agency and other agencies.
- To be the main point of contact for the service user throughout the process to support them to follow through with their chosen options and maintain communication, demonstrating sensitivity, flexibility and sound professional judgement.
- To be proficient in the use of information technology and to document case work clearly Understand and demonstrate the council’s values and behaviours, working collaboratively with colleagues, attending meetings and proactively contributing and problem solving.
- Working proactively to develop relationships with partners and other stakeholders to help build a sustainable highly effective organisation and develop our reputation as a successful council delivering great value for its residents.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.