SW Locums are looking for a Social Work Assistant with extensive UK experience in a similar Local Authority Role for our vacancy in Slough.
The workers would be working more from the office so need to live near Slough or be prepared to commute
A driving license is essential
To provide a first point of contact and response to members of the public and to process referrals
taken over the phone or face to face. To undertake initial assessments using departmental
eligibility criteria, advise callers of outcome and to carry a caseload undertaking core assessments.
- To provide a single point of contact and a “duty screening service” for all incoming calls and referrals.
- To undertake initial contact and core assessments ensuring risk issues have been identified in order to provide a service to meet specific needs which can be provided for within the eligibility criteria.
- To respond appropriately to identified issues and provide accurate information.
- To respond effectively to enquiries and provide information for monitoring and evaluation. This will ensure that the outcomes may be measured in relation to the speed and type of response that will support people in the community, facilitate hospital discharges and promote independence.
- To be responsible for recording details on the electronic IAS system, ensuring all records are accurate and up to date for collection of statistical data. To comply with relevant legislation and the Data Protection Act.
- To gather catalogue and assist to keep updated information about available resources from a wide remit of Health & Social Care agencies and other organisations. This will enable the team to provide a high standard of information to ensure the appropriate level of service and advice can be offered.
- To undertake planned work with service users and their families on the basis of assessment.
- To involve service users in remaining in the community by means of practical and emotional support as part of an agreed package of care.
- To ensure that service users and their families have access to translation and interpretation services as appropriate.
- To undertake additional or amended duties appropriate to the post as may be necessary.
- To undertake enquiries under the Safeguarding Adults policy and procedure and any investigations or referrals commensurate with the role.
Full Job Description available upon request.
SW Locums are a small, personable agency where you will benefit from working with a progressive and capable company. Established for over 12 years and with well over 50 years combined social work experience.
you will also receive:
- Payment weekly, faster than anyone else.
- Most generous rates of pay.
- Access to our knowledge base from our vastly experienced consultants, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice, giving peace of mind.
- Support network available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.