SW Locums are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to work in Fostering and Support in Peterborough. You will be providing supervision to a group of foster carers plus taking turns to cover the out of hours rota with the rest of the team.
There may be some flexibility to work remotely with agreement from the Manager, however visits continue to be undertaken
As a Supervising Social Worker, you will be responsible for managing foster placements and working with foster families, prospective foster parents and children and young people across the region.
In this key role, you will:
- Present completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- Support and supervise approved foster parents
- Provide support for all members of our fostering households
- Carry out household reviews of our approved foster parents and present the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitate foster parent support groups and training
- Manage children and young peoples’ fostering family placements
- Partake in an out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Work flexibly including evenings and weekend work, when required
- Contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region
- Work closely with local authorities
Requirements of you as the Supervising Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience of working within Looked After Children
- Experience of working within Fostering
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.