SW Locums are looking for a Children and Family Social Worker with experience working in a Children in Care role in the UK.
All applicants must have Social Work England Registration
All applicants must have previous experience in the UK and hold right to work in the UK.
Pay rate £40 per hour
- Proven knowledge, experience and understanding of child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors.
- Proven previous experience of summarising, analysing and evaluating complex information
- Experience of social work with families
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation, statutory guidance and procedures.
- Knowledge of key children’s agencies
- Knowledge and awareness of issues relating to communities from different racial and cultural backgrounds and Equal Opportunities
- Experience of identifying and assessing need, formulating and implementing effective social work intervention.
- Ability to write concise reports and have excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to create a rapport and build relationships with children/young people and their families
- Ability to prioritise tasks, manage own workload and be accountable for case work
- Able to work with a person centred, strengths based approach
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, changing environment
- Ability to actively support and promote Equal Opportunities
- To be able to thrive in a complex and demanding environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills including the ability to deal with complex issues in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
- Ability to formulate and implement effective social work interventions focused on outcomes
- Ability to lead and direct team members regarding professional practice and social work interventions
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use a variety of IT devices, systems and databases.
- Ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide.
At SW Locums you will benefit from working for an agency established for over 14 years and with over 50 years combined social work experience.
you will also receive:
- Access to our knowledge base from our vastly experienced consultants, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.