SW Locums need an experienced planning enforcement officer with good local government exposure in the UK and with good communication skills able to deal with a wide range of people. Ability to prepare and serve notices and papers for court would be a distinct advantage.
This post is based in Kent.
- Responding to complaints received by the Council and regularly inspecting the Borough in order to locate, investigate and report unauthorised developments and uses, (including those affecting Listed Buildings, trees, including High Hedges complaints, and failure to comply with planning conditions).
- Preparing evidence, statements and reports for use in Committee, appeals, Court appearance wherever necessary. Interviewing persons on site, and dealing with related matters by letter and telephone promptly and with tact.
- Liaising with the Area Planning Officers and other sections where necessary regarding the appropriate course of action; liaising with Administration and Legal Services regarding the serving of enforcement notices, stop notices, tree preservation orders, legal notices and summonses etc.
- Giving evidence at Magistrates Court or wherever necessary arising from 1 to 4 above.
- Developing and maintaining systems to monitor progress on all casework and to record performance in relation to agreed targets.
- To undertake such other duties as may from time to time be allocated by the Area Planning officers or the Development Manager commensurate with the grade of the post.
- To communicate with customer at the required level or As a customer focused role be able to communicate with our customers at the agreed level
- Commitment to the Council’s Strategic Plan
- To undertake any training and development as required
- To comply fully with the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy
- To comply fully with the Council’s Health and Safety at Work Policy
- To assist as required in the Council’s Emergency Plan
- To comply fully with the Council’s IT Security Policy
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
- At least five GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade C or above including English Language and Maths
- Good inter-personal and communication skills including experience of dealing with the public
- Ability to work irregular hours, sometimes at short notice
- Numerate, articulate and have organisational ability
- Confident, patient, tactful and tolerant
- Flexible attitude towards work and self-motivated
- Able to work under pressure, to deadlines and use own initiative
- Full Driving Licence with access to a vehicle
- Knowledge of the Town and Country Planning Acts
- Knowledge of Police and Criminal Evidence Act, Rules and Codes of Practice
- Experience in general investigation procedures, court proceedings, laws of evidence and preparation of Court files and cases
- Experience of dealing with Council Members, solicitors, agents and other professionals
- Experience in information technology
- Self motivated
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.