SW Locums are looking for a competent Project Officer to work within the Waltham Forest water commission refund project, refunding residents who have been overcharged.
Please note that this project will last for 12 months. Initially this role is home working however, in the future the candidate may be expected to work in office.
You will be expected to show in your application, experience of:
- Refunding current tenants and former tenants commission charged on their water bill by the local authority from 2006 to 2019.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion in raising rent refunds, completion of relevant documentation and maintenance of records in line with procedures.
- To check that the tenants and former tenants have no outstanding arrears on any accounts before refunds are processed.
- To work with other internal teams to transfer over any available credit where there are debts owed to other Local Authority departments. Eg. Housing Benefit, Sundry accounts, Court costs.
- To update accounts on internal CRM Northgate system with details of all refund requests and any payments made.
- Manage and maintain an accurate recording of all key documents including any associated ICT system(s)
- Act as a first point of contact for our residents and external enquiries about the refunds, escalating where required.
***Please note that duration of the project is 12 months***
Experience & skills required
- Experience of resident liaison, housing management or similar work in a customer facing role
- Experience using IT systems including Northgate (or similar housing management systems) and Microsoft packages
- Experience in managing tenant rent accounts, and knowledge of Housing Benefit
- Good numeracy skills to calculate rent arrears and / or refunds due
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Clear communicator and ability to articulate key information confidently to customers
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times when engaged in difficult conversations with challenging customers
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Experience using IT systems including Northgate (Desirable) and Microsoft packages
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
- Rest assured, we will look after you.
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.