SW Locums are looking for a Regeneration Programme Manager to report directly to the Head of Regeneration in Redbridge.
The postholder will provide senior, strategic input into the regeneration of Ilford and borough-wide regeneration initiatives.
You will be identifying and making recommendations on investment and development opportunities to drive forward the Council’s regeneration programme.
Developing project proposals and determining their feasibility/viability.
- Attending regular evening and occasional weekend meetings
- Occasional acting up for the Head of Regeneration
The postholder will also support the development and implementation of the Council’s regeneration programme(s) through the identification and assessment of opportunities to develop a range of physical, economic and social projects which maximise inward investment and deliver growth which benefits local people.
- Project management qualification, Prince 2 or direct relevant experience and a Degree level in a relevant subject.
- Direct experience of using data to inform the development of regeneration strategy and associated investment programmes.
- An excellent understanding of both Programming and Project Management principles and application as they relate to the delivery of physical regeneration schemes.
- Proven experience in leading the development of regeneration strategy and initiatives within a similar organisation.
- Knowledge of national and regional policy on regeneration and economic development
- A successful track record of partnership working with a range of internal and external bodies and developing collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to produce high quality technical briefs and experience of using procurement processes to secure high quality value for money outcomes.
- Experience of commissioning and overseeing the work of external consultants, professional advisors to develop physical, economic and/or social regeneration projects.
- High level understanding of physical development processes, design and viability issues and experience of their application in regeneration schemes.
- Experience of developing business plans and budgets to support regeneration delivery, for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of achieving significant funding through public/private partnerships.
- Experience of working within Local Government.
- Ability to work flexibly including attendance at meetings outside of normal office hours, including at weekends.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.