SW Locums are looking for a vastly UK experienced Social Work Head of Service to work th the Special Educational Needs Team (SEND) in Rotherham. Remote working is supported.
The post holder will have responsibility for leading and managing services to assess and meet the needs of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and ensure that service providers across a multi-agency system work together to deliver positive outcomes for children and young people as identified in the Rotherham SEND Strategy.
The Head of Service for SEND will have responsibility for ensuring that Rotherham carries out its statutory duties in relation to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities as set out in the Children and Families Act 2014 and in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years.
As well as working strategically with partners from across the system, the post will lead the local authority’s inclusion, educational psychology, SEND advice and education, health and care plan teams.
- Detailed knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014 and in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years.
- Substantial and successful direct management experience within the specialism of this post, including policy development, corporate/strategic planning and managing change.
- Experience of managing people effectively within a customer focused, internal service delivery environment.
- Successful budget management in a comparable organisation including evaluation of competing budgetary priorities within tight financial limits.
- Successful track record of communicating and working with stakeholders and partners.
- Experience of performance management and quality assurance processes in service delivery.
- Knowledge of current Local Government democratic processes and understanding of the political context.
- Knowledge and a significant understanding of the legislative frameworks and government policy agendas in respect of this field of work.
- Demonstrable experience of successful partnership and multi-agency working.
- Experience of successful project management and delivering services to set standards.
- Experience of applying risk management in setting strategy and in identifying and managing principal risks to achievement of objectives
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.