SW Locums are looking for a suitably UK experienced, Social Work Team Manager to manage, develop and lead a Social Work Team service in order to deliver high quality services that address the needs of children/young people and their families and lead to improved outcomes.
You will be expected to achieve value for money in the way services are delivered.
To ensure the Council meets its statutory obligations.
To be responsible for key decision making in relation to resource allocation, service delivery and all day to day or operational matters.
*The rate of pay will be negotiated at interview, based on experience*
- Knowledge of The Children Act 1989, related guidance and regulations, and the responsibilities/duties of Children, Schools and Families department
- Knowledge of current initiatives in the field of Child Care Services.
- Knowledge of the management role as it relates to social work teams.
- Knowledge of the work and functions of personal Social Services.
- Knowledge of Local Government Policies and Procedures in relation to staffing issues such as Disciplining/Capability and Sickness absence Policies.
- To manage the resources (including staffing) of the relevant social work team.
- Ability to take advantage of, and use, information technology, including ICS.
- To be committed to the concept of, and be able to utilise, ‘Action Planning’ as a means of setting and reviewing the professional objectives of a social work team.
At SW Locums you can expect:
- Support of FCSA Member Umbrella companies.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.