SW Locums are looking for a UK experienced SEND Officer with excellent knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014 and Code of Practice.
The worker is required to be responsible for a caseload of children and young people (CYP) with special educational needs and disability (SEND) and ensuring the statutory assessment process from 0 to 25 years is undertaken within the statutory deadlines
You will be expected to attend and chair meetings with families and professionals to undertake the assessment process
You will be need to be capable of:
- Drafting outcome focussed initial Education Health & Care (EHC) Plan to capture basic information
- Managing the statutory assessment process, working in partnership with parents/carers, children and young people and external agencies, ensuring children and young people are centrally involved and consulted with in line with the Children and Families Act 2014 and Code of Practice
- Ensuring all transitions between education settings and/or life phases are well managed and seamless, with children, young people and their parents/carers involved in planning for their transition to adulthood
- Providing information, advice and guidance to support planning including preparation for adulthood for CYP
- Attending annual review meetings to provide information, advice and guidance to CYP, parent/carers and professionals; – providing information, advice and guidance to educational settings in relation to statutory and non statutory decision making and pathways of support for children and young people with SEN
- Supporting education settings in generating, reviewing and monitoring non-statutory My Support Plans relating to Special Educational Needs, and offering advice and guidance to education settings in how best to improve outcomes for their children and young people
- Ensuring a high level of scrutiny is given to the efficient and effective use of public resources, being mindful of any the financial implications relating to cases.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Rest assured, we will look after you.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.