SW Locums are recruiting for a Senior Practitioner with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in the UK within a similar or Statutory setting.
We have a large number of vacancies in Bexley within:
Children Looked After (CLA)
Family Support & Child Protection (FSCP)
Referral & Assessment (R&A)
With this role in Family Support & Child Protection the successful applicant will have:
- Responsibility for managing a caseload of more complex and higher need cases within a child protection context.
- Required to take appropriate initiative when working to support children and their families.
- Capable to support other practitioners in the team through mentoring, advice, support, and occasional shadowing on visits or for meetings. There is a high likelihood of court involved work in this role.
In the role you will build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families in order to help support children in need of help or protection.
Where possible, you will help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network.
Where this is not possible, alternate plans will need to be explored and implemented to help ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing, and happy homes that achieve long term permanence. This will require working in a supported practice environment that respectfully challenges and enables you to use your professional judgement, autonomy, experience, knowledge, and skills.
These all form the key aspects of our Signs of Safety practice model which we use when working with children, families and the wider professional network.
You will have a proficient ability to communicate in English and be able to influence others in an effort to help coordinate services and supports in the best way possible to keep children as safe and well cared for as possible.
- Proficient working knowledge of the Children Act 1989, Working Together and related statutory guidance governing child protection procedures.
- Takes initiative to research and explore relevant local policies or guidance related to working with children and families in a variety of contexts (ie: female genital mutilation, child sexual exploitation, unaccompanied minors and asylum seeking children).
- A good breadth of experience attending and testifying in court proceedings, preparing statements, and seeking legal orders to safeguard children.
Understand the importance of keeping information confidential, securely stored, used and communicated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Registration with Social Work England
- Right to work in the UK
Comprehensive Job Description available upon request
At SW Locums you will get:
- Attractive, accurate and super fast rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Straight talking, conscientious and well informed advice.
- We are available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get what you want without limitation for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.