SW Locums are recruiting for a committed and self-motivated, Qualified Social Worker to provide support and advice to Disabled Children and Young People for Peterborough City Council.
We are looking for a Senior Practitioner for Transitions 14-25 team.
As a 0 to 25 Disability service our client group is disabled children and their families and those young people requiring support to transition into adult services and early adulthood.
The service operates as one service of two teams; a 0 to 18 team and a transitions team for 14 to 25. There is cross over and so some social workers have mixed case work of both children and young adults.
Experienced social workers with an interest in or experience of working with disabled children and young people are encouraged to apply.
The Team’s priorities are to ensure that these Children and Young People’s needs are assessed and supported in line with the respective legislation and statutory requirements; supporting positive and inspirational outcomes for our children and young.
- You will be a qualified and experienced social worker with an understanding of the challenges facing disabled children and young people and their families.
- You will also have enthusiasm and creativity in engaging with disabled children and young people.
- You will have experience in working within Children’s legislation and/or adults legislation.
- You will require an ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team, to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure. To be punctual, reliable and work with integrity.
- There will be an occasional need to work some unsocial hours and the ability to undertake visits out of county is essential. As such applicants will require a full driving licence with use of own car.
- You may be required to supervise one alternatively qualified practitioner
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- We endorse working with FCSA Approved Umbrella companies.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.