SW Locums are looking for a really confident and capable Senior Social Worker for this is an senior practitioner role in Greenwich, London. This post falls within the Children in Need team.
You will have specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks and providing casework supervisions to other team members.
Working with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Right to work in the UK
- Appropriate Social Work Qualification e.g. DipSW, CEETSW or equivalent
- Social Work England Registration Essential
- Minimum of 5 Years UK experience in a statutory setting
- You will be expected to act as a recognised expert within the specialist field. Contribute to the development of practice and policy in the specialist field.
- The role will be to provide social work help and intervention to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in need so that children maintain a reasonable standard of health and development, receive reasonable parenting, and have a sense of permanence through secure attachment to their parents or carers.
- Where a child is disabled, you will be required to take action to minimise the effect of their disabilities and give them the opportunity to lead lives which are as normal as possible, including the ability to identify where children are unable to live at home and to take action to secure permanence for them within a timescale that meets their needs.
- Where children are looked after ensure their needs are met in accordance with their care plan, they are ready to fulfil their potential as adults and receive the right support as care leavers.
- Make sure that the child is at the centre of professional assessment, planning, intervention and review activity, and that their views and wishes (appropriate to their age and understanding) are sought and used to understand the child’s world and shape the level of intervention and type of help offered.
- Provide leadership and co-ordinate the work of professionals working together to meet the needs of children in need, including those with a child protection plan, privately fostered children, and looked after children and care leavers.
- Wherever possible work with parents / carers to reduce risks to the child’s welfare and strengthen protective factors through providing effective social work help, whilst recognising that sometimes that parents / carers cannot continue to provide safe reasonable parenting to a child, and alternative arrangements are required for bringing up the child.
- Work with foster carers, special guardians, prospective adopters and other people who are looking after someone else’s children, to ensure that children’s needs are met and that they are able to live as normal a life as possible, understand their journey to their placement, are making good progress in terms of their health.
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.