SW Locums are recruiting for a Senior Practitioner to work in LAC and Permanency and Localities within Brent.
All Applicants must be registered with Social Work England and hold an enhanced DBS.
Must have 2 Years+ Experience in CP CIN / Frontline services.
You will be required to attend the office a minimum of 1 day each week.
Outline of the role:
- Provide a high quality social work service for children and families in line with statutory requirements and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide high quality child and family assessments in relation to children in need, those who require protection or those who are ‘looked after’ by the local authority.
- To prepare reports under supervision of practice assessors and/or qualified social workers to courts to attend court hearings when necessary.
- To hold a maximum caseload of 20 cases. To provide effective case plans for all children on your caseload and amend these when necessary.
- To regularly monitor and review the progress of young people.
- Keep up to date and accurate records using the appropriate information technology.
- Produce high quality written and verbal reports to a range of professional and legal forums.
- Make professional decisions which comply with departmental policies and procedures and contribute to the priorities framework.
- Participate in supervision, team meetings and the duty system within your team.
- Respond in a clear and courteous manner to enquiries from the public and other agencies by telephone, correspondence or in face to face meetings.
- Liaise effectively with relevant external agencies e.g. police, health authority etc. and with relevant colleagues in other divisions and council departments.
- Understand and actively implement the council’s Equal Opportunities Policy in professional practice and service delivery.
- Assess situations where children are referred as being in need of support, protection, or care provision and take appropriate action based on evidence.
- Plan quickly and effectively, involving children and carers as partners in decision making.
- Provide effective preventative and support services to enable children to remain with their own families whenever possible.
- To provide secure and permanent alternative homes for children who can no longer reside with their birth family. The Social Worker will ensure that the child has clear information about their background and can maintain contact with relatives whenever this is possible.
- Participate in relevant training as required by their practice assessor or line manager.
- Provide high quality assessments for child in need, child protection or looked after children cases.
- Develop clear plans with specific actions and timescales to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Monitoring and supervising the progress of our children in line with statutory requirements and local procedures.
- To implement agreed care plans.
- To prepare children for permanent placements (adoption and long term fostering).
- To help young people who will cease to be looked after prepare for independent living.
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and all employees are required to act in a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council’s Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
- To independently and regularly deal with the most complex and risky cases.
- To regularly deal with legal applications and court cases relating to children.
- To provide an excellent model of social work practice.
- To attend key case meetings as a specialist social worker and chairing meetings where appropriate under the direction of a Team Manager.
- To support and advise less experienced social workers within the council.
- To deputise for Consultant Social Workers when required.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.