SW Locums are looking for a confident and well established Senior Practitioner with Social Work England registration to work a role within R&A (or Intial Assessment) in Tower Hamlets. The role is advertised as a Senior Practitioner/Assistant Team Manager. The team is highly thought of and has an excellent support network for career development.
The role of the Initial Assessment Team (IAT) is to support people to live independently, safely and healthily in the community.
IA is the first point of contact/access for Tower Hamlets Adult Services.
We are responsible for processing all new requests for assessment, provision of equipment to facilitate safe hospital discharges/avoid bed blocking, initiate the failed visit procedure for cases held in IAT and provide general information, advice and signposting around social care issues including those cases open to localities/key workers.
We are the first point of contact for concerns, queries and enquiries related to Adult Social Care in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets To process and triage all safeguarding concerns including risk assessments, protection planning & onward referral if sec 42 Enquiry is required.
- CQSW, DipSW or other HCPC recognised social work qualification, and a current Social Work England registration certificate.
- Practice Educator qualified or willing to undertake qualification.
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role of staff of varied professional and experiential backgrounds.
- A detailed working knowledge of national policies and legislation relevant to the field of adult social care, including the Care Act 2014.
- Knowledge and practical application of adult Safeguarding procedures.
- Knowledge of local authority and NHS procedures and practice, in particular relating to social care, health and housing.
- Familiarity with recent research and government and corporate initiatives.
- Practical application of resource management and knowledge of financial regulations.
Why Work with SW Locums?
- You will receive unbroken support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable Specialist consultant.
- We recommend of FCSA Approved Umbrellas.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation voucher scheme, offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
- Access to Shopping voucher scheme with all major high street stores*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply.