SW Locums are delighted to offer this post seeking a Senior Social Worker for the Disabled Children’s Team in Haringey. The team is well structured, very supportive and has an excellent reputation.
You will be required to complete assessments, safeguarding children in care work and court work.
- To undertake Assessments within the required timescales in accordance with the Framework.
- To assess and identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive service for children with a child protection plan.
- To implement care plans by working in partnership with parents and colleagues from other agencies to effect better outcomes for children with Child Protection plans.
- To accommodate children and young people and initiate care proceedings when appropriate.
- To formulate care plans in partnerships with children and young people, their families and other providers of care and assistance based on these assessments.
- To produced courts statements and when required, give evidence in court on behalf of the Local Authority.
- To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard to their age, sex,health, race, religion, culture and life experience as appropriate.
- To provide verbal and written reports to child protection conferences, strategy meetings, planning meetings and reviews.
- To maintain and develop up to date relevant skills and knowledge of current legislation, policy and social work practice.
- To use information technology systems to carry out duties.
- To take responsibility for managing an individual caseload, having regard to the relative needs of all service users and ensuring an effective use of time and resources.
- To contribute through team meetings and organizational events to the development of the service.
- To maintain accurate and up to date electronic case records in line with policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all expenditure on cases is properly authorized and recorded, and that cases with financial packages are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- To act as duty office on a rota basis and as required by line management.
- To report any concerns about abuse or malpractice by colleagues in line with the Council’s Whistle Blowing Policy.
- To ensure that all legislation and local council polices regarding Health and Safety are adhered to.
- These activities may be varied from time to time to meet the changing needs of the service.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us.*
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.