SW Locums need a Qualified Social Worker with Social Work England Registration to work within The Fostering Team in Sutton, London.
The team is a pivotal part of Children’s Services dedicated to providing high quality care for looked after children. The team covers all aspects of fostering from publicity, recruitment, assessment, training, placement matching, support, and review of foster carers. We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident worker to join a friendly, busy, and innovative team.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responding appropriately to all needs of the service and foster carers;
- Working with foster carers, the fostering team, children social work teams, looked after young people, and relevant others to ensure high quality care is provide to children and young people who require it.
- Providing on going practical and emotional support to foster carers, making certain that foster carers are a valued member of the professional network, and have access to advice and additional services as necessary.
- Reviewing fostering approvals annually making sure that high care standards are maintained and foster carers have access to appropriate training and professional development opportunities
- Working innovatively and flexibly support foster carers in meeting the diverse needs of the children they care for
- Being actively involved in permanency planning and placement finding for children and young people
- Assessing prospective foster carers, and friends and family foster carers as necessary, ensuring that they are prepared for the role and have a good understanding of the needs of looked after young people.
- To supervise the work of, identify and respond to training needs and carry out annual reviews of foster carers to ensure high quality childcare.
- To be involved in the development of policies, procedures and practices in relation to all aspects of fostering.
- To attend and contribute to planning for children looked after and assist in identifying foster carers which best meet their need
- To maintain accurate and up to date records in accordance with the Departmental Policy on Recording and electronic recording system.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues within the local authority and from other partner agencies to ensure that foster carers are a pivotal part of the professional network and included in assessment and decision making around children they care for.
- To work as a member of a team and act as duty social worker as required by the Team Manager.
- To access and make use of supervision, appraisal and training in accordance with departmental codes of practice.
- To work with colleagues to recruit, train and assess prospective foster carers in accordance with regulations and standards.
- To write and present complex reports including Form F assessment reports and annual foster home reviews to the Fostering Panel, and other forums.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.