SW Locums are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to work as a Quality Assurance Officer in Children’s Services. This post will cover the chairing of child protection conferences but will predominantly be chairing LADO meetings within an intergrated Children’s Safeguarding Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead on the development and implementation of quality assurance process in the council for CSC, that supports the assurance of good quality practice and outcomes in accordance with the Legislation, statutory guidance and regional practice.
- Report findings of audits to Senior leadership team and multi-agency partnership, supporting the development of practice standards and working practices that reflect a good and outstanding service delivery.
- Drive practice standards across children’s social care and the partnership.
- Support the Multi agency safeguarding partnership in audit, learning and development to promote a high quality multi-agency response to keeping children safe.
- To ensure that good practice is known, recognised and implemented by the partnership ensuring children receive consistent and high quality support.
To scrutinise and challenge partners to ensure the needs of children are met at the right time.
- Maintain the audit action log ensuring that actions are progressed and learning across services is shared.
- To Chair Child Protection Conferences and other Safeguarding meetings, including meetings following the sudden and unexpected death of a child and strategy meetings, following an allegation of abuse against a professional or carer.
- To support the consistent application of thresholds and risk management within safeguarding meetings by childrens social care and the wider Partnership.
- To monitor the implementation of recommendations from safeguarding meetings and ensure identification of concerns about practice.
- To provide advice and guidance across the department and key partner agencies for all.
- Safeguarding and Looked After Children issues.
- To participate in regional development groups to share and develop best practice.
- Contribute to the development of the Safeguarding and LAC agenda including developing and delivering training.
- To work with groups of children and young people to develop the participation agenda and where appropriate develop and modify service delivery in light of feedback.
- To comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and associated safe working procedures and guidelines.
- To comply with the Council’s Comprehensive Equality Policy and to ensure that it is implemented within the service area of the post.
- To comply with the Council’s Information Management Framework (including the Data Protection Policy, Code of Practice and Social Media Policy).
- To comply with the Council’s Code of Conduct a fundamental aspect of which are “the Seven.
- Principles of Public Life”, and to conduct oneself with the highest standards of conduct that they require.
with SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Use of Fully FCSA Compliant Umbrella companies.
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Personal support from your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.