SW Locums are searching for two Qualified Social Worker with excellent UK Adults experience in a similar setting.
The role requires right to work in the UK, Current Social Work England Registration and an Enhanced DBS.
The post holder is required to provide a professional social work service in the following areas:
- enquiries (assessments/reviews) into allegations of abuse of a vulnerable adult
- attendance at Strategy Meetings and Case Conferences and creation/review of protection plans.
- Some assessments/reviews (enquiries) will be in user’s own homes and some will be in residential care/nursing homes/hospitals.
- In addition the post holder will be required to cover safeguarding adults’ duty one day each week.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the need for sensitivity in working with mentally and physically frail older people.
- Skills required to work with carers; other agencies and the independent sector to meet the needs of the client. These. would include communication, negotiation and assertiveness skills.
- Imaginative response to meeting identified need.
- An understanding and awareness of the Council’s Equal Opportunities policy in employment and service delivery
- Ability to respond to staff and consumers fairly, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, age and disability
- To demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills to the level required to complete forms and write reports, e.g. on the above assessments.
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of the need to work within budgets.
- To have a knowledge of resources available to meet assessed need.
- The ability to acquire the skills necessary to operate the Department’s Information Technology Systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to structure own time and to prioritise competing demands to ensure all essential work is done.
- Has to be able to demonstrate an understanding of the process involved in assessing the needs of an older frail and disabled person.
- Must have worked with very dependent frail older people. Experience should include pre or post qualification experience in a post with responsibility for assessing needs for this client group.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.