SW Locums are looking for a UK experienced Social Worker to worth in Palliative Care at Marie Curie Hospice Hampstead. We are looking for a part time Social Worker to work across both the Inpatient Unit and Outpatient Unit.
The role will be 22.5 hours a week, over flexible days.
Minimum 6 month contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our Patient and Family Support Team to contribute to the provision of specialist palliative care for patients and their families/carers facing life limiting illnesses within a hospice setting.
To deliver a comprehensive social work and bereavement service in all areas of the hospice, including the community if appropriate. To work as a flexible and responsive member of the multi disciplinary team advocating on patients and families behalf. To be accountable for ensuring own practice meets minimum national standards and is compliant with the social work Code of Conduct.
- To undertake continuing holistic assessment of patients needs.
- Review the initial assessment on a regular basis (while the patient is an inpatient) to ensure our services are responsive to changing needs.
- In partnership with the patient identify and agree desired outcomes and agree how these will be achieved.
- Provide psychological and emotional support to patients, identifying when the level of support may be beyond the scope of an individual social worker and that other professional support may be needed.
- Where applicable liaise with external agencies to ensure the patients needs can be met on discharge from the hospice.
- Identify any needs the carer may have and where appropriate refer to specialist agencies that can provide support.
- Actively participate in multi disciplinary team meetings and update appropriately and accurately the team on any issues that may be relevant to the patients discharge or care.
- Act as an advocate for patients and where conflict arises with family members sign post families to external advocacy agencies.
- Provide benefits advice as and when required.
- Provide contemporaneous and accurate record keeping of all interventions with patients and families
Anticipatory Grief and Bereavement Support Adults and Children
- Assess the need for bereavement intervention by participating and contributing in multidisciplinary meetings.
- Ensure that social work practice meets the standards set out in the Bereavement Policy.
- Ensure that families with complex emotional needs are referred to appropriate agencies for specialist intervention.
- Ensure the system for user feedback is implemented effectively and that user feedback is evaluated to improve the service.
- Provide specialist support to patients, carers, children and significant others using individual, group and family techniques.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.