SW Locums are looking to source the services of Adult social worker with significant experience in adult safeguarding required to join a busy operational safeguarding adults team in Weston Super Mare.
Candidates will have to be registered with Social Work England, have right to work in the UK and hold a current Enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months or have a current DBS on the Update Service.
The post holder will be based within the Central Safeguarding Adults Team.
- To develop and implement, care plans and commission appropriate services within available resources.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the relevant legislation, taking responsibility for a caseload of varying complexity associated with vulnerable and disabled adults and those with particular complex problems.
- To independently make s.42(1) decisions and coordinate s.42(2) safeguarding adults responses. Ensure that comprehensive safeguarding plans are in place and implemented in accordance with the Joint Safeguarding Adults Policy and Local Safeguarding Adults Procedures.
- Through the assessment of risk and within an extensive multi-agency professional network, manage and plan the safeguarding adults response for those who are at risk of abuse of safeguarding responses.
- To adopt a variety of approaches in order to ensure that the adult at risk remains central to any safeguarding response.
- To deal with both North Somerset staff and staff of partner agencies (including NHS Trusts, Independent Sector Providers and the Police) in this area and be responsible for taking appropriate action where agreed actions or outcomes have not been implemented.
- To contribute to quality standards functions, reporting concerns about provider practice standards as necessary through quality standards, the regulator and managers within the Council.
- Knowledge of The Care Act and associated statutory guidance in relation to safeguarding adults
- Knowledge of other relevant legislation including that associated with the promotion of human rights.
- Experience in safeguarding adults work
- Experience of interagency and multi-disciplinary working
- Experience of working with a range of statutory, independent and voluntary sector providers i.e. Police, CQC, care homes etc
- Experience in practical application of the mental capacity act and deprivation of liberty safeguards.
- Adapt to unexpected problems and situations.
- Analyse individual and social situations and to describe the interaction of the factors involved.
- Make decisions in complex situations sometimes on the basis of uncertain information.
- Communicate effectively through all major media and write cogent and lucid reports.
- Apply knowledge of current social care legislation.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.