SW Locums are looking for an accomplished Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) to work in North Yorkshire. To fulfil the duties required of an Approved Mental Health Professional as described by the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended by the 2007 Act, the Code of Practice 1983, and The North Yorkshire County Council /North Yorkshire PCT policy “The Role of the AMHP”.
You must be Social Work England Registered and have the use of a vehicle during working hours.
The hours are full time 37 hours with a flexible on start/finish times based on the needs of the service.
Immediate start required
Key AMHP Tasks:
- Participate in the AMHP rota and undertake Mental Health Act duties appropriate to the role as requested by the Directorate.
- Co-ordinate the process of a Mental Health Act assessment under Part 2 of the Mental Health Act, and where appropriate make an application for compulsory admission/guardianship.
- Consult and inform a person’s nearest relative when an assessment under the Act is being considered.
- Inform the patient and their nearest relative of their rights under the Mental Health Act.
- Make appropriate arrangements for conveyance of patients to hospital.
- Undertake the role of the AMHP in relation to Community Treatment Orders.
- Prepare social reports for when having undertaken Mental Health Act assessments.
- Prepare reports for, and attend tribunals as requested under the legislation.
- Attend Section 117 meetings as a representative of the Local Social Services Authority when required to do so.
- Fulfil the duties of the AMHP regarding mentally disordered people in the community, in relation to Section 135 and 136 of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Request where appropriate an independent mental health advocate or an independent mental capacity advocate to represent a qualifying patient.
- Act as an Appropriate Adult under PACE legislation where appropriate.
- Undertake eligibility assessments under Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards where appropriate and where appropriately qualified to do so.
- Contribute as required to the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to their area of work.
- Provide support to less experienced qualified staff and non qualified staff and provide practice placement supervision for trainee AMHP’s
- Maintain continuous professional development and AMHP status
- Maintain and produce timely and comprehensive records in relation to assessments under the Mental Health Act and all other areas of AMHP work
- Authorise medical fees and other associated fees related to the legislative role
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.