SW Locums are looking for a UK Experienced social worker in Mental Health to work as an Approved Mental Health Social Worker (AMHP). You must have Social Work England Registration and a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
This is an exciting time to join the County and be part of a new specialist Mental Health Social Work Service, that incorporates Older People’s and Working Age Mental Health Social Work Teams and a Countywide AMHP Service.
The successful applicant will be on a rota in the AMHP 24 hour Hub Service – (fixed pattern 2pm-10pm and a rolling pattern which changes each week and is a mix or early and late shifts).
The person will be required to travel to undertake assessments, and at times be in the Worthing office.
There may also be some homeworking to write up assessments.
All applicants will need to be in West Sussex at the start of their shift and ready to work.
Pay rate offered up to £48 per hour
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Registered qualified professional (Social Work, Nurse, OT, psychologist)
- Currently authorised as an AMHP (Post-Grad Certificate in Mental Health)
- Extensive knowledge of and be able to apply, a range of complex and specialist legislation i.e. the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, Care Act, Children Act and other relevant case law
- Valid driving licence
- Extensive experience of working independently undertaking MHA assessments Essential
- Extensive experience of working in Multi-Disciplinary settings. Desirable
- Experience as an AMHP with extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act and mental health social work practice
- Practice Educator Award or commitment to undertake the training (or equivalent)
- Able to demonstrate a proven ability (or understanding of the skills and knowledge required) to work independently as a senior practitioner managing risks and safeguarding.
Full Job Description available upon request
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.