SW Locums client in Cheshire is looking for an accomplished social worker capable of carrying out Best Interest Assessments. Due to a peak in referrals and moving through the recruitment process they TWO BIA’s initially to start ASAP
You must hold Social Work England Registration and have a minimum of 2 years UK Experience of completing Best Interest Assessments and a full understanding of DOLs.
- The Best Interest Assessor will be employed to carry out statutory independent assessment duties as defined by the Mental Capacity Act.
- The Social Worker – Best Interest Assessor will be accountable to the Mental Capacity Act Coordinator and the Supervisory Body.
- Undertake Best Interest Assessments for the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) process within legal timeframes.
- Liaise with mental health assessors, advocates, care homes and hospitals as required as part of the assessment process in order to ensure best interest outcomes are achieved.
- Undertake a consultative role, based on developing skills, experience and expertise in order that best practice and understanding of DOLS is achieved in other professionals.
Ensure practice and procedures are compliant with regulations, Mental Capacity Act and in line with the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Code of Practice
Act as a resource for care home/hospital settings.
- To contribute to the efficient and effective management of Adult Safeguarding Unit by ensuring cases are managed within framework and timeframes.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.