SW Locums require a Senior Social Worker for Children in Care in Peterborough.
You must hold a recognised Social Work qualification and be registered with Social Work England to be considered for this role.
All applicants must have substantial UK experience within a similar statutory setting and have right to work in the UK.
The role pays up to £40 per hour for the right candidate.
You will be required to provide professional leadership for complex case arrangements, in situations which involve, risk, complexity and safety of the service user and others. Identifying through assessment needs and strengths and source appropriate solutions and interventions.
You must be able to complete support planning with families by understanding the context of child development, parenting capacity and family and environmental factors to ensure that outcomes identified at assessment are met (within budgetary constraints) through the provision of support.
- Proven knowledge, experience and understanding of child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors.
- Proven previous experience of summarising, analysing and evaluating complex information
- Experience of social work with families
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation, statutory guidance and procedures.
- Knowledge of key children’s agencies
- Knowledge and awareness of issues relating to communities from different racial and cultural backgrounds and Equal Opportunities
- Experience of identifying and assessing need, formulating and implementing effective social work intervention.
- Ability to write concise reports and have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Experience of identifying and assessing need, formulating and implementing effective social work interventions
- Experience of using information management systems to produce good quality data in a variety of formats.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.