SW Locums require an experienced Advanced Practitioner within Havering Fostering Team who will be able to demonstrate they have experience in holding a complex case load.
All Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years post qualified UK experience in a similar statutory setting.
Candidates must have Social Work England registration.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Children Act 1989, 2004, Working Together 2013 and other relevant legislation and frameworks.
- Knowledge of current policy and practice, including electronic case management systems.
- Knowledge of child development and attachment, understanding the impact of parental problems and the short and long term impacts of abuse and neglect on children.
- Knowledge of childcare, child protection procedures, resources, current Department of Health Guidance and Quality Protects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of evidence based, structured parenting programmes, safeguarding issues and any other relevant changes within childcare practice.
- Knowledge of issues confronting parents in need of support and barriers that may impact on participation.
- Understanding of approaches to securing community involvement and participation.
- Understanding of working with children with disabilities and their families.
- Knowledge of predisposing risk factors to vulnerability and risk for children and young people.
The post holder will have the ability to carry out home visits to our carers both within and out borough.
The post holder will be required to cover out of hours on a rota basis.
As part of this role you will lead on Private Fostering assessments for the Local Authority.
You will supervise and mentor social workers within the Fostering Team.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.