SW Locums are looking for a UK experienced, Children & Family Assessment Social Worker to work for Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
Excellent pay rate of £38 per hour
All applicants must have current Social Work England Registration, and hold an Enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months or be registered with the DBS Update Service.
You will be required to provide a local professional social care service for children, young people and families in need.
Contribute to a range of voluntary and statutory social work activities and carry out professional social work tasks in accordance with recognised social work procedures, evidence based practice and professional social work ethics.
Manage a case load of “children in need” “at risk of significant harm and / or “looked after,” adhering to legislative and procedural requirements, ensuring the best possible outcomes for the children concerned.
• Professional Social Work Qualification at Degree level
• Registration with HCPC
• Willingness & ability to obtain &/or enhance qualifications &/or training for development in this post.
• NQSW are expected to successfully complete the 12 month ASYE certification programme
• Working in a childcare environment or equivalent work with vulnerable groups.
• Good knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory guidance and social work theory, including presenting evidence to court.
• Good knowledge of best practice risk assessment in Children’s Social Work and adept at undertaking safeguarding investigations.
• Able to demonstrate the standards required by the HCPC competence framework.
• Good communicator especially with children.
• Well organised and efficient.
• Analytical and methodical in approach.
• Exchanges of complicated or sensitive information with a range of people orally and in writing.
• IT Skills.
• A thoughtful, safe and empowering approach towards practice. Ability to analyse and interpret information to identify important issues and problems.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Proven ability to work on own initiative and sound decision making.
• Values which strongly support children and young people.
• An open, honest and transparent approach.
• Committed reliable and able to inspire trust.
• Customer Service ethos.
• Must be able to meet the physical and travel/mobility requirements of the post (with or without reasonable adjustments)
• Must be able to drive
SW Locums will provide you with: