SW Locums seek a UK experienced qualified social worker too ensure a high quality and effective social work service to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines. This role falls within Hackney Children in Need Service and is to capably assess need, plan and deliver focused intervention to safeguard children and promote positive outcomes.
Post Covid, more none so than now, our country needs competent and dedicated Social Workers.
This is a Consultant Social Worker role
- To work closely with clinicians assigned to the social work unit and take advice in devising and implementing clinical interventions with children and their families, in various settings including family homes.
- To carry out planned interventions using a range of tried and tested methodologies including systemic and social learning theory approaches.
- To use research findings and statutory guidance to inform social work practice.
- To utilise problem solving skills within the context of a professional relationship with parents and their children.
- To develop and manage Child Protection Plans for all children who require them in line with child protection procedures.
- To provide and present concise reports about complex information in line with formal responsibilities to meet the requirements of the London Child Protection Procedures, and the court.
- To acquire knowledge about different groups, races and cultures which inform service delivery and to understand the impact of racism and discrimination on children and their families.
- To manage and utilise cash limited budgets in order to commission services and assistance from other sources.
- To work within a flexible framework in order to meet the demands of the service outside usual 9-5 hours.
You must have:
- A comprehensive understanding of child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors.
- The ability to summarise, analyse and evaluate complex information.
- Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and the London Child Protection Procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of systemic interventions and methodologies, and commitment to use of Systemic approaches and Social Learning Theory interventions.
- Committed to the principles of the Hackney Social Work model.
- Ability to formulate and implement effective social work interventions.
- Ability to write concise reports and have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy and the skills necessary to work with information management systems and produce good quality data in a variety of formats. The ability to work with word processing packages at a speed commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.