SW Locums require a UK Experienced, Qualified Social Worker for the Transition Team in Peterborough as part of the 0-25 Disability Service. You will be needed to carry a workload reflecting increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge, in line with the capability of a social worker with a minimum of one year’s post qualification experience in a social work role.
Regular supervision will be in accordance with the departmental supervision policy.
To work within relevant current legislation and the procedural framework of Peterborough City Council (the Council).
To work collaboratively with children, young people and families/carers to assess their needs and plan and deliver services in accordance with the social work team’s service area.
- Knowledge and understanding of the values and principles underpinning the involvement of disabled children, young people and families/carers, including the right to access independent advocacy and complaints processes.
- Knowledge and application of the legal and policy frameworks and guidance that inform and mandate social work practice in the practice area relevant to the post
- Knowledge and understanding of the practice area relevant to the post, including critical awareness of current issues and evidence based practice research.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Professional Capabilities Framework as it applies to the Social Worker level.
- Knowledge and application of social work interventions in more than one area of practice.
- Knowledge of alternative communication methods with non-verbal disabled children and young people.
- Evidence of post-graduate study.
- Current Social Work England Registration.
with SW Locums you will benefit from working for an agency established for over 11 years and with over 50 years combined social work experience.
you will also receive:
- Access to our knowledge base from our vastly experienced consultants, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.