SW Locums are recruiting for a capable qualified social worker. This role is based in Kings College and Guys & St Thomas Hospital, London.
Candidate needs to be an experienced locum social worker who is able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary setting supporting hospital discharge and discharge to assess with experience in a hospital setting.
Candidate will need to be able to demonstrate they are able to support adults recovery and independence.
1. To manage a caseload of people with care and support needs and carers with support needs in Hospitals outside Lambeth.
2. To carry out assessments for clients in Hospital to determine eligibility and care and support needs of people, and the support needs of carers of people with care and support needs, and for these to be done in line with the expectations of the Care Act 2014 and the regulations and statutory guidance that go with it.
3. Undertake Safeguarding Enquiries in accordance with Care Act 2014 duties.
4. Apply the Mental Capacity Act and undertake capacity assessments.
5. To work with people to plan how their care and support needs or, in the case of carers, their support needs might be met. This will involve identifying eligible needs and needs that will be met by the local authority.
6. To carry out financial assessments relating to care and support services, or make sure these are done.
7. Giving people who may have care and support needs or who are carers information about any likely cost of services, welfare rights entitlements, and any other relevant information and advice.
8. Work semi-autonomously with limited supervision.
SW Locums will provide you with: