SW Locums are looking for a Qualified Social Worker with Social Work England Registration to work as an Independent Social Worker (IRO) in Luton.
- To work as an Independent Reviewing Officer/CP Chair, carrying out the role in accordance with legislation, statutory guidance and departmental quality standards.
- To promote and ensure the effective participation of children, young people, parents social workers and partner agencies in both child protection conferences and review meetings for Looked After Children.
- To provide specialist consultation and advice, chair child protection conferences and Looked After Children Review meetings, ensuring that they meet the quality standards laid down by the department and undertake work on developing quality assurance processes.
- Responsibility for developing and quality assuring policies and procedures in the area of Looked After Children and children subject to child protection plans in conjunction with other senior managers in addition to ensuring actions carried out comply with Council Policies and Procedures.
- To input data, develop, maintain and comply with efficient and effective electronic systems to ensure compliance with recording procedures relating to Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Children Reviews in line with departmental policies.
- To contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual service reports and plans as required including collection, analysis and reporting of
relevant data and completion of case audits in line with service planning.
- To work as part of Children’s Services Management Team by contributing to the strategic planning and development process as well
as representing the service in interagency or corporate forums as appropriate.
- To challenge service decisions where necessary to fulfil an agreed care plan and to use the council’s dispute resolution process robustly
as well as other statutory powers to escalate to senior management and external bodies where appropriate.
- To provide management through induction, supervision and appraisal to administration staff; train and offer consultation and information to operational staff, share practice and learning across the service in line with the wider quality assurance processes.
Requirements of worker:
- Degree, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent.
- Substantial experience of working with looked after children and foster carers and children and young people who are subject to child protection plans, including complex legal proceedings.
- Substantial experience of managing teams.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing policies and procedures in line with national and local changes.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of child care legislation including considerable experience of supervision and working in complex child care arenas
(particularly with looked after children).
- Ability to authoritatively Chair key multi – agency meetings, ensuring that all agencies contribute appropriately.
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences and also to manage conflict and disagreements effectively.
- Ability to involve young people and carers in meetings and in decision making.
- Ability to work within timescales.
- To organise own workload and to manage time effectively.
- Ability to manage staff and offer advice and consultation to less experienced staff.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Ability to write reports and analyse data and identify areas of poor practice.
- Ability to quality assure the work of front-line staff – managing relationships to deliver service.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.