SW Locums are looking for competent UK Experienced Adult Social Workers for the Community Assessment Support Team in Portsmouth.
This is an Older People Team so you must be able to complete assessments based on Safeguarding, BIA, DOLs and Mental Capacity.
Full time, part time, temporary and permanent posts available
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Details of the role:
- You will assess the needs of vulnerable adults and their carers, and identify creative and personalised ways to provide support.
- You will be working with people who have the most complex and complicated needs within the Older Persons and People with Physical Disability team.
- Portsmouth City council is committed to integration and we will continue to work with our health partners and other stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes for our clients.
- You will triage cases when on duty and complete Section 42 safeguarding enquiries, Continuing Care assessments and assessments under The Care Act; Mental Capacity Act and Human Rights Act.
- You will be working independently and be responsible for managing your own caseload of both active and inactive cases and maintaining case records within an environment offering a high level of supervision and support.
- The safeguarding of adults is an important and integral area of your work as will be the implementation of the safeguarding policy and procedures.
- You will be fully conversant with statutory legislation and guidance, and demonstrate that you implement this in your day to day practice.
You need to have:
- A qualification in social work i.e. DipSW, MSc, CQSW, or CSS.
- Registration with Social Work England as a social worker.
- Experience as a qualified social worker.
- Knowledge of The Care Act (2014) eligibility criteria.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- A thorough understanding of adult safeguarding legislation and have attended safeguarding training.
- A full understanding of, and commitment to, embedding personalisation in all aspects of social care.
- The ability to cope with a case workload efficiently and effectively.
- Good evidence based recording skills, as your evidence maybe required to be used in court.
- The skills of a good communicator with an ability to deal with conflict.
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
- The ability to work on your own initiative, organise your own work load and work under pressure in response to competing demands and changing priorities
- Experience of working in a in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrable IT skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to take personal responsibility for your own continuing professional development
- If you have passed your ASYE we would like you to produce your certificate from Skills for Care
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on practice.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.