SW Locums are looking for a confident and compassionate Social Worker with exceptional UK work history to work in Knowlsey. You will be expected to provide safe care and support of adults ‘at risk’ ensuring all their basic needs identified in their support plan and risk assessments are fully met.
The role is working within Communities team working with ages 14 +.
All Applicants must be registered with Social Work England and hold an enhanced DBS Check issued within the last 12 months or be registered with the DBS Update service.
- The ability to provide physical assistance to meet individuals assessed need in such areas as personal care and delivery quality care that meets CQC fundamental standards.
- Ability to fill in forms and provide short written reports using standard template documents.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to support, appreciate and value the contribution of others.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving our services and provide person-centred caring and social support for service users to meet their needs and outcomes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working as part of a team in a flexible and responsive manner and communicate in an open and honest manner.
- Be aware of issues with regard to Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discriminatory practice and to act accordingly ensuring a person-centred approach treating individuals with dignity, respect and compassion.
- The ability to motivate individual service users to meet their full potential and lead an independent and as full a life as possible.
- Sufficiently physically able to undertake the moving and handling of service users as required.
- To support individuals handling small amounts of their own personal money, ensuring that agreed financial procedures are applied including completing client financial record sheets.
- The job involves working with individuals with challenging behaviour. The postholder is expected to follow protocols, risk assessment and behaviour support plans ensuring that all incidents are reported to a manager as soon as practically possible.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.