SW Locums have an exciting opportunity for a temporary Social Worker to join the Adult Localities Team in Rotherham.
We need someone who is Social Work England Registered with UK Experience working with older adults and/ or adults experiencing the impact of physical, or cognitive, or learning disabilities and experience of working in community based/ locality based adult social worker teams
- You will work as a member of a multi- skilled team who will be responsible for the holistic assessment of adults and their carer’s needs.
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of your assigned cases, intervening with legal and procedural authority, including under making safeguarding personal principals to protect vulnerable people at risk of abuse or neglect.
- Rotherham are committed to using a strengths based/ person centred approach to empower individuals to develop and sustain their capacities for independent living and positive risk taking, in line with the principals of the Care Act.
- You will be based in one of our Locality Teams working with Adults of all ages who have a variety of complex health and social care needs.
- We are looking for people with a positive and enthusiastic approach, with a commitment to working with our customers.
- You will need to have experience of undertaking care Act assessment, support planning, Mental Capacity Assessments and making best interests decisions.
- You will need to have an understanding of DOLS and act in accordance with the legal framework, and having an understanding of court proceedings.
- You will need to have experience of working within safeguarding policy and procedures, have an understanding of the legal remit of safeguarding under the Care Act, be able to carry out Section 42 enquiries. You will also be required to complete Continuing Health Care Checklist and respective Decision Support Tools as required.
- You will also work as part of a duty team, being able to provide an immediate response to customers across Rotherham, undertaking urgent face to face visits as needed.
- There is the opportunity for hybrid working (a mix of home and office based working) during your time with us.
- However, during your induction there will be a need to work from our head quarters in the centre of Rotherham in order to be set up with IT equipment, undertake essential training and to meet managers and colleagues.
- There is also an expectation that you will undertake home visits with customers as needed and can travel independently to and around the Rotherham Borough.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Use of Fully FCSA Compliant Umbrella companies.
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.