SW Locums are looking for a Social Work England Registered Qualified Social Worker to work in a Duty and assessment role completing section 47 enquiries/ investigations
We will expect any applicants to be confident in completing initial CP conferences, attending Initial Court Hearings and step up and step down.
In a nutshell the role is to assess the need for social work service including the identification of risk and the need for protection, and determine the method of intervention.
- Decide or advise on the use of appropriate social services and/or other resources.
- Liaise and negotiate with other professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that the best possible service is provided for clients.
- Manage an allocated workload within individual and group priorities and policies.
- Comply with the statutory obligations of the group.
- Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken and carry out required administrative procedures.
- Prepare for, and attend, supervision sessions and staff meetings and make use of all available training and developmental opportunities.
- Contribute to the evaluation and developments of services and new ideas by sharing knowledge about theory, skills and practice with other social services staff, professional groups and interested bodies.
- Develop and provide a training resource for social workers, support staff and carers.
- Supervise students where appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time, which are commensurate with the grade of the job.
with SW Locums you will benefit from working for an agency established for over 11 years and with over 50 years combined social work experience.
you will also receive:
- Access to our knowledge base from our vastly experienced consultants, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.