SW Locums are recruiting for a UK experienced Qualified Social Worker to work in Warrington Hospital. .
The applicant must have up to date Covid Vaccination status.
This role will support the safe and timely facilitation of hospital discharge, particularly given the pressure that the Acute Trust are under at the present time and approaching winter.
The post holder should have some experience in an Integrated Hospital Discharge Team. Carefirst knowledge would be desirable.
Ability to hold a complex case load and hit the ground running. Full Driving Licence and car use is essential.
This is an experienced practitioner role. With specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks and providing casework supervisions to other team members. Work with service users and other stakeholders to assist service planning.
- Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
- Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
- Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
- Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advise others.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Professional qualification in Social Work plus considerable experience in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of theory and practice of care assessment, planning and detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and its application.
- Supervisory skills, as may supervise students, trainees, support staff and volunteers.
- Analytical, planning and communication skills.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Rest assured, we will look after you.
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.