SW Locums are looking for a fully vaccinated, UK Experienced Social Worker for the Contact Assessment Team in Greenwich.
The team is an integral part of the Adults Health and Social Care Directorate and provide the first point of contact within the community for adults with a health and social care need.
The Team take requests from individuals, their families, friends, neighbours, GP’s nurses and other health professionals, hospitals, the Police, London Ambulance Service, the Fire Brigade, the voluntary sector, other council departments and other local authorities.
• Carry out Care Act assessments and advise on eligibility, triage for Occupational Therapy and the Nil Recourse to Public Funds team.
• Carry out Care and Support Plan reviews and amendments, following an assessment of risks and needs,(visiting clients in their own home when necessary),
• Assess and action requests from domiciliary care agencies and care homes, assess and arrange for carers breaks,
• Undertake Preventative Equipment Assessments and prescribe basic equipment, resolve issues of conflict between providers, clients and their relatives, liaise with Care Brokers, other Health and Social Care Teams, Contracts and Commissioning, Sheltered Housing and Occupational Therapy.
• The team also work closely with the Joint Emergency Team to provide a rapid response to referrals and crisis in the community Candidates may be a recently qualified social worker or an Assessor or care manager with experience of working in adult social care.
• Experience of undertaking telecare assessments
• Preferably some experience of face to face assessments
• Experience of Assessment under provisions of the care Act
• Experience of working with adults across the lifespan
• Experience of liaising with other statutory and voluntary agencies
• Good communication skills
• Evidence of good written skills
• Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act
• Preferably some experience of working with people who may be in crisis and in need of care and support
At SW Locums you will benefit from: